Getting up on the right side of the bed sets a positive tone for the rest of the day. Here are 7 of our favourite hypnotic tips to wake up with a smile and a positive frame of mind.
1. Everyone wants 9 more minutes of sleep, especially when you are all cozy and warm and still half in and half out of sleep. When you hit your snooze button, you put yourself into a deeper state of sleep than when it went off the first time. This makes waking up each time you hit the snooze button more and more difficult. Hypnotists call this process "fractionation," a tool to put someone "deeper" into a hypnotic state. So when you wake up, avoiding your snooze button will wake you up faster, more comfortably, and in a better mood.
2. You may be surprised to find out that you must pass through a hypnotic state when coming out of sleep state each morning, and you must pass through it to fall asleep each night (which means you are, in fact, hypnotizable). Upon waking, the first 30 seconds is the most suggestible part of your day. If there was ever a time for you to reinforce gratitude, give yourself positive affirmations, or simply tell yourself what a great today is, this is the time. You merely give yourself positive feedback at this time of day, which fuels your brain for good vibes and emotions.
3. Smile. That's it! Simply smile. You can trick your brain into feeling good with a smile because your brain associates smiling with good emotions. So even if you don't feel happy, this can all change with a smile.
4. Now that you are out of bed, give yourself time in the morning to include some required YOU time. We have a way of making excuses why we can't fit in a few minutes to ourselves, but a few minutes to yourself each day can completely change how you feel for the next 24 hours.
Please give yourself a reason to look forward to the day, whether drinking your coffee (while it's still hot), gentle stretches to release some tension, meditation, deep breathing, or listening to an inspirational podcast. Whatever starts your day, making you feel good is an excellent way to start the day.
5. Keep a playlist of happy, upbeat, positive music ready to play in the morning.
Something that makes you feel alive! Be cautious of the lyrics. We are highly suggestible human beings, and downbeat songs can impact us negatively whether we realize it. Use this music when you shower, clean, drive, or any other time you want to increase your energy levels.
6. Keep Gratitude at the forefront of your day. Gratitude is proven to improve your mood, create stronger positive emotions, and is shown to lower rates of stress and depression. In addition, showing appreciation can make you more optimistic and happier overall.
7. Get excited about the day ahead. Sure, we can all come up with 100 things that could go wrong; after all, our brains are wired to do just this. But how about thinking about how fantastic the day could be instead? Think about the people you look forward to connecting with, and wear something that makes you feel great (the more colourful, the better). Imagine all the positive events that could unfold, or appreciate what is around you. If you cannot find anything, go outside and listen to the birds or feel the sunshine on your face, it is the simple thing in life.
We know that negative thoughts create negative emotions, which can manifest into anxiety or depression. Using these 7 tips can ensure that you begin the day on the right foot, giving yourself every opportunity for joy, happiness, and self-love.
If you are interested in learning more about Hypnosis and Hypnotic Exercises to help you live a happier life, visit Wellness Canada for all of your Hypnosis Information & Education.